The LI$T Social Media Intern – 2 positions available
Description: Our Social Media Intern will work closely with the Style Editor to ensure that the social media marketing for The LI$T allows us to expand to a new audience of readers who need our advice nationwide. This internship is an unpaid, virtual position, and will be part-time (20 hours/week).
- Must have experience with social media marketing for an organization, initiative, or small business (please provide examples).
- Must be able to work with instruction via phone or email from Editors on a weekly basis to implement social media goals
- Must demonstrate an excellent use of spelling and grammar; must remain professional while representing The LI$T
- Must possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Must commit to a minimum of a 6 month internship period
- Must log in 20 hours per work week including weekday operation of social media pages and conference calls
- Graphic Design and coding experience is a plus but not required
- Develop and manage creative social media strategies (initiatives, promotions, contests, prize giveaways, etc.) using minimal resources or resources that the Intern has acquired on behalf of The LI$T
- Manage The LI$T’s social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and the bi-weekly Newsletter
- Promote new articles, featured articles of The LI$T on other websites, workshops, events, initiatives, and contests for the website
- Lead “street teams” of college students in regions around the country who can help to spread The LI$T’s message
- Solicit feedback from readers via surveys, focus groups, etc. to determine what new topics they need advice about
- Develop ideas to reach new readers using innovative tools and limited resources
Application Deadline: 4/30/12
Apply at Internships.com, please do not email us directly.